Price: € 85.00
10% discount till 15y.o.
- Explore Chania’s old city and meander through its narrow alleys
- See stunning views while cruising on a Segway
- Learn the city’s history and best kept secrets from your guide
A complete 3-hour Chania Tour. Glide through the narrow alleys of the Old City, to the sandy beach of Nea Chora with the picturesque small port, cruise along the Venetian harbor to the east towards Kum Kapi area (Turkish name meaning the Gate of the Sand), until reaching the former aristocratic area of Halepa. Learn about the neighborhood’s turbulent and political 19th-century history. From there head back to the old city and into to the Splantzia district- once the Turkish quarter.
Areas that are covered: Old city – Venetian Harbor – Nea Chora – Kum Kapi – Splantzia- Halepa.
The monuments you will see are:
The Cathedral of the Presentation of the Virgin Mary (Trimartiri), The Catholic Church, Franciscan Monastery of Aghios Fragkiskos, The Jewish Synagogue (or “Ovriaki”), The Venetian Walls, Nea Chora , The Navy Museum, The “Firka” Fortress, Giali Tzamisi, The Byzantine Wall, The Grand Arsenal, The Venetian “Neoria”, The Gate and Rampart Sabbionara, Koum Kapi, Halepa, The House of Eleftherios Venizelos, The Palace, The Holy Temple of Aghia Magdalene, Splantzia, The Dominican Temple of Aghios Nikolaos – Hiougkar Tzamisi (the Mosque of ‘Igemonas’), The Temple of Aghios Rokkos, The Egyptian Lighthouse, The Proto-Minoan Settlement of Kasteli, The Municipal Market of Chania.
* The tour will depart with a minimum of 3 participants. If 24 hours prior to the tour start the guest is the only participant on a tour, an alternative tour will be offered to participate in. If the alternative do not match the guest’s availability or interest, a full refund will be provided.
|DEPARTURE/RETURN LOCATION||Starting Point: 25, Chrisanthou Episkopou Street|
Every Wednesday at 18:00pm
On October every Wednesday at 15:00pm
|DURATION||1h and 30min|
|PRACTICE||5-10 min before the tour|
|*HISTORICAL INFORMATION THROUGH AUDIO GUIDE SYSTEM|
|WEAR||Comfortable athletic clothing.|
|DISCOUNT||Children under 16Y.O 10% discount|
|COMPLIMENTARY||Bottle of water.||
* Additional historical information through the Audio guide system along with a professional licensed guide available upon request. (for any of the routes mentioned in our website.