We place great emphasis on the protection of your privacy and data protection. We therefore inform you about the collection and use of personal data when using our website. Collection and processing when using the contact form When using the contact form, we collect personal data (individual data on personal or factual circumstances of a particular or identifiable natural person) only in the extent provided by you.
We only use your e-mail address to process your request. Your data will be deleted if you have not agreed to further processing and use.
Collection, processing and use of personal data
We collect personal data (individual data on personal or factual circumstances of a specific or identifiable natural person) only in the extent provided by you. Your personal data will be processed and used to fulfill your request and to process your inquiries.
After complete processing of the contract, all personal data will be stored first, taking account of tax and commercial storage periods and then deleted after expiration of the deadline if you have not agreed to the further processing and use.
Our Internet pages use so-called cookies in several places. Cookies are small text files which are stored on your computer and which your browser saves. They are designed to make our offer of user- More effective and safer. Furthermore, cookies enable our systems to recognize your browser and provide you with services. Cookies do not contain personal data.
Embedded content from other websites
Articles on this site may include embedded content (e.g. videos, images, articles, etc.). Embedded content from other websites behaves in the exact same way as if the visitor has visited the other website.
General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)
Article 13 of Regulation EU 2016/679
Who we are
Our website address is: https://www.chaniasegwaytours.com.
1. GDPR COMPLIANCE
This Privacy Notice provides mandatory information as required under Articles 13 and 14 of the European General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) regarding the transparency of personal data processing.
2.The Data Controller for personal data
The Data Controller for the personal data processed by us is the Client Company of Despina Koutrouli “Chania Segway Tours” and “Chania Bike Tours” (the employer of the natural person, whose data is collected, hereafter referred to as the Data Subject). The Data Controller could pass personal data of their employees to Despina Koutrouli “Chania Segway Tours” and “Chania Bike Tours” to manage routes on behalf of those employees in connection with their business.
Despina Koutrouli “Chania Segway Tours” and “Chania Bike Tours” as Data Processor acting on the instructions of the Data Controller under a written contract with them, will subsequently use that personal data to facilitate routes arrangements for the Data Subject. It is this contract which forms the ‘Legal Basis’ for the processing of personal data carried out by Despina Koutrouli “Chania Segway Tours” and “Chania Bike Tours” in these circumstances.
Despina Koutrouli “Chania Segway Tours” and “Chania Bike Tours” will be a Data Controller if it collects personal data directly from a Data Subject in relation to a separate contract with them. Despina Koutrouli “Chania Segway Tours” and “Chania Bike Tours” also acts as a Data Controller for any personal data held regarding its own employees, processing data under its Contract of Employment with those Data Subjects. In both cases Despina Koutrouli “Chania Segway Tours” and “Chania Bike Tours” processes personal data under Article 6.1(b) of the GDPR (performance of a contract).
3. Your Rights
As a Data Subject you have rights under the GDPR. These rights can be seen below. Despina Koutrouli “Chania Segway Tours” and “Chania Bike Tours” will always fully respect your rights regarding the processing of your personal data, and has provided below the details of the person to contact if you have any concerns or questions regarding how we process your data, or if you wish to exercise any rights you have under the GDPR.
4. Contact Details
The identity and contact detail for the Data Protection Officer within Despina Koutrouli “Chania Segway Tours” and “Chania Bike Tours” is:
25 Episkopou Chrisanthou Str. Venetian Port, Chania 73100, Greece
5. Data Protection Principles
Despina Koutrouli “Chania Segway Tours” and “Chania Bike Tours” has adopted the following principles to govern its collection and processing of Personal Data:
- Personal Data shall be processed lawfully, fairly, and in a transparent
- The Personal Data collected will only be those specifically required to fulfill tours or other tours-related requirements. Such data may be collected directly from the Data Subject or provided to Despina Koutrouli “Chania Segway Tours” and “Chania Bike Tours” via his /her employer. Such data will only be processed for that purpose.
- Personal Data shall only be retained for as long as it is required to fulfill contractual requirements, or to provide statistics to our Client
- Personal Data shall be adequate, relevant, and limited to what is necessary in relation to the purposes for which they are collected and/or processed. Personal Data shall be accurate and, where necessary, kept up to a secure place.
- The Data Subject has the right to request from Despina Koutrouli “Chania Segway Tours” and “Chania Bike Tours” access to and rectification or erasure of their personal data, to object to or request restriction of processing concerning the data, or to the right to data portability. In each case such a request must be put in writing.
- The Data Subject has the right to make a complaint directly to a supervisory authority within their own country.
- Personal Data shall only be processed based on the legal basis explained in section 2 above, except where such interests are overridden by the fundamental rights and freedoms of the Data Subject which will always take precedent. If the Data Subject has provided specific additional Consent to the processing, then such consent may be withdrawn at any time (but may then result in an inability to fulfill travel requirements).
- Despina Koutrouli “Chania Segway Tours” and “Chania Bike Tours”will not use personal data for any monitoring or profiling activity or process, and will not adopt any automated decision making
6. Transfers to Third Parties
We do not transfer personal data to any third party.
Appendix – Definitions of certain terms referred to above:
(Article 4 of the GDPR): ‘personal data’ means any information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person (‘data subject’); an identifiable natural person is one who can be identified, directly or indirectly, in particular by reference to an identifier such as a name, an identification number, location data, an online identifier or to one or more factors specific to the physical, physiological, genetic, mental, economic, cultural or social identity of that natural person.
(Article 4 of the GDPR): means any operation or set of operations which is performed upon personal data or sets of personal data, whether or not by automated means, such as collection, recording, organization, structuring, storage, adaptation or alteration, retrieval, consultation, use, disclosure by transmission, dissemination or otherwise making available, alignment or combination, erasure or destruction.
Legal Basis for Processing:
(Article 6 of the GDPR): At least one of these must apply whenever personal data is processed:
- Consent: the individual has given clear consent for the processing of their personal data for a specific
- Contract: the processing is necessary for compliance with a
- Legal obligation: the processing is necessary to comply with the law (not including contractual obligations).
- Vital interests: the processing is necessary to protect someone’s
- Public task: the processing is necessary to perform a task in the public interest, and the task or function has a clear basis in
- Legitimate interests: the processing is necessary for the legitimate interests of the Data Controller unless there is a good reason to protect the individual’s personal data which overrides those legitimate interests.
(Article 4 of the GDPR): this means the person or company that determines the purposes and the means of processing personal data
(Article 4 of the GDPR): means a natural or legal person, public authority, agency or any other body which processes personal data on behalf of the controller.
Data Subject Rights:
(Chapter 3 of the GDPR) each Data Subject has eight rights. These are:
- The right to be informed; This means anyone processing your personal data must make clear what they are processing, why, and who else the data may be passed
- The right of access; this is your right to see what data is held about you by a Data Controller.
- The right to rectification; the right to have your data corrected or amended if what is held is incorrect in some
- The right to erasure; under certain circumstances you can ask for your personal data to be deleted. This is also called ‘the Right to be Forgotten’. This would apply if the personal data is no longer required for the purposes it was collected for, or your consent for the processing of that data has been withdrawn, or the personal data has been unlawfully
- The right to restrict processing; this gives the Data Subject the right to ask for a temporary halt to processing of personal data, such as in the case where a dispute or legal case has to be concluded, or the data is being
- The right to data portability; a Data Subject has the right to ask for any data supplied directly to the Data Controller by him or her, to be provided in a structured, commonly used, and machine-readable
- The right to object; the Data Subject has the right to object to further processing of their data which is inconsistent with the primary purpose for which it was collected, including profiling, automation, and direct
- Rights in relation to automated decision making and profiling; Data Subjects have the right not to be subject to a decision based solely on automated